Total Pageviews

Monday, April 11, 2011

Recharged and Ready to Go!

As a new tournament comes on the horizon this week, I'm once again excited to get back into the thrill of tournament golf. After a break in my schedule to practice and prepare, the Gateway Tour heads to Lone Tree Golf Club on Wednesday for the first round of tournament #11. Having had multiple rounds on this course in the past year, it will be great to be comfortable and familiar with with the venue.
The past few weeks have been diligently spent working on my ball striking and putting. After working with my swing coach and making a minor adjustment, things are progressing as I continue to try and groove my take away. A great putting lesson from Mike Christensen, Kevin Streelman's caddy & fellow Minnesotan, instilled some great ideas to focus on in my putting. Slight changes in my grip, stance, and pre-shot routine have me feeling more solid over the ball and allowing me to make a more consistent stroke. In order for things to really take off with the "flat stick" I just need to continue to build confidence each day, and then hopefully putts will start falling from all over.

Last Friday I had the privilege to play TPC Scottsdale for the first time, and had a great time with some friends and fellow mini-tour pros. The picture above is from my hole out from the fairway on #14 on the Stadium Course. My 2 on a the par-4 came from 176 yards with an 8-iron. Hopefully this marks a turning point, and results will follow the rest of 2011!

Feel free to follow my progress in this week's event through the following link:
That's all for now from "the tips", but until next time remember...."Talent doesn't take you to an elite level. Focus, an absolute driven mentality, along with talent, take you to an elite level."
-Dave Hakstol
God Bless,
Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment