Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

Back to work!

After a week break from competitive golf, it's back to work this week as the Gateway Tour event #4 tees off Tuesday at Anthem G&CC - Ironwood Course. Last week's Monday qualifier didn't go as well as hoped, but it was a great experience overall and a very enjoyable day. On a tough day with cool temperatures, gusty winds, and a little bit of rain thrown in the mix, scores were a little higher than usual. I hung around at even par for most of the day through 13 holes. Knowing I had to go low the last five holes to jump up into one of the three spots available, I started getting a little more aggressive trying to make some birdies. Consequently, I made some bogeys on the way in and posted 76. Six guys posted a 67 and would playoff for the 3 spots the following morning due to darkness. The past week has been a great opportunity to sharpen all facets of my game and prepare for the following weeks. A busy schedule ahead has me excited to compete again and test my game against some of the top players. Also mixed in between my practice schedule, was the chance to watch the best players in the world compete at the Waste Management Phoenix Open just a couple miles down the road. Taking away a few mental notes from watching them will hopefully help me in the coming weeks, and get into contention to win. I feel as though my game is headed in the right direction which is exciting. This week I'll look to be consistent and tenacious as I think my way around the golf course. In talking with Tom Lehman some this past week, he stressed the importance of "fighting for each and every shot during a round." You just never know when that one shot will have a big impact on the result of the week whether it was to make/miss the cut, or to win/lose a tournament. You can follow the progress of this week's tournament at: http://gatewaytour.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/gway11/event/gway115/contest/1/leaderboard.htm That's all for now from "the tips," but until next time remember....every shot counts! Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment