Total Pageviews

Monday, November 15, 2010

Here we go!

Friends, family, and those who just randomly found this blog, welcome!
My name is Jack Dressen and I am a good friend of Bryce Hanstad, and starting Wednesday I will be his caddy for his play in the second stage of Qualification School for the PGA Tour. We will be making our way around the Bayonet Golf Course in Carmel, California searching for birdies and pars in Bryce's quest to qualify for the Final Stage of "Q" School.
This is an exciting week for Bryce and he hopes you all can share it in through this blog. Each night I will log on and provide you an update of Bryce's play and his overall experience.
Bryce arrived in Carmel on Sunday, he was able to practice for a short hour before the sun set on the Pacific Ocean that the course overlooks. Today, he got his first glimpse of the course. The layout which plays longer than a 7,000 yard course in Minnesota because, well, its elevation is zero! The length along with the firm and fast greens should setup great for Bryce's golf game. If you have never seen him hit the ball, you know that binoculars are probably necessary to see the ball land. Bryce will play his second practice round Tuesday morning and then spend the afternoon making final adjustments to get ready for Wednesday's first round. Tee times for Wednesday will be released Tuesday morning.
As for the caddy, I will be landing on the Monterrey Peninsula in the evening. I have been following a heavy regimen of long walks with all my books in my backpack to prepare for the week. Bayonet is a course that I had the opportunity to play last year as a part of my travels with the Creighton golf team, and I hope to be able to contribute on at least one of the birdies on Bryce's card this week!!
I am off to pack and print my boarding pass! Check back for nightly updates all week!
Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
-John Wooden

No comments:

Post a Comment