Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Greetings from the Monterey Peninsula!

It was a full day for Bryce today; he played another practice round this morning as he continues his preparation for the 2nd Stage of “Q” School. Today he was able to play with former PGA Tour winner Kirk Triplett. He was grateful for yet another great learning opportunity. Kirk shared many stories and much wisdom on what the road to being a PGA Tour winner entails. The afternoon was spent building confidence around the greens as the slippery contours of the green complexes will provide a challenge to the entire field this week.

Tee times were released for the first two rounds this morning, Bryce will tee off at 10:20 PST on Wednesday and then an hour earlier at 9:20 on Thursday morning. Be sure to follow scoring updates throughout the day at http://www.pgatour.com/qschool/# (click on the Bayonet Course in the left column).

As for the caddy, well I thought my job was to relieve stress in Bryce’s life, but tonight I admit, I failed. An hour flight delay, a missed connection in Denver, and a detour through San Francisco all had my arrival by Wednesday morning in doubt! Thankfully, I made it to the Monterey Airport, only 3 hours later than expected. My daily run today was in the Denver International Airport; I was excited to set a personal best by running a distance of 67 airport gates in just under 4 minutes. Carrying Bryce’s bag will be a breeze!

Bryce is asleep, and I am about to pass out in just a few minutes. He is so excited for tomorrow, it was immediately apparent when he picked me up that he is “in his element,” pursuing something he is so passionate about.

The support from friends, family, and all those that have helped Bryce get to this point, is something God has blessed him with. He and I hope through this blog you will be able to share in this incredible experience.

Check back tomorrow night for an update on Bryce’s play!

Catch you all on the flip side!

1 comment:

  1. Bryce is VERY fortunate to have you on the bag... We will be following every step of the way here in Austin... I have three friends in 2nd stage this week... Praying for all of you to have a great week...

    ReplyDelete