Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

Time to Recharge..

After a week mixed with both disappointment and progress, I made the decision to not play in this week's Gateway Tour event. I want my game to be at the point where I'm confident I can contend each week, and not wonder if I need to battle to make the cut. The next week, in preparation for the Papago Gateway event, will be dedicated to having a well-rounded golf game going into the first round. A strict daily practice plan has been put into place, allowing for the best chance of productivity and progress. Getting each aspect of your golf game firing on all cylinders is the million dollar topic that every golfer searches for. I believe I have a plan to execute doing so, and am excited to see the hard work and preparation pay off in the form of consistent and successful results. Gateway Tour event #7 Recap: Last week's tournament at Wigwam was full of opportunities to go low, but the execution just wasn't there. Scores of 70-70 placed me three shots behind the needed score to make the cut at -7. Birdies were abundant by the field as the course was there for the taking in ideal weather conditions, and a forgiving golf course layout. The positive take-away from the week was my ball striking making strides in the right direction, and is on the path towards improvement each day. It's time now to put all the pieces of my game together during each tournament round, and get myself back into contention where I feel I belong each week. Finding some confidence again in my putter and around the greens will take a lot of pressure off my ball-striking, allowing myself to free up and play my game. Things are close, but I need to continually dig deeper and working smarter to take my abilities to the next level. That's all for now from "the tips", but until next time remember...."play one shot at a time." I know it is a cliche, but it's called a cliche because it is true. -Kirk Triplett Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment